Gallatin Valley Bicycle Club’s Bicycle Swap
April 18 & 19, 2014
GVBC sponsors the Gallatin Valley’s annual bike swap, which has been a huge success in the community over the past several years. Community members are welcome to sell bikes or bike related items for a $1 commission fee per item, plus 15% of the item price, which goes to benefit the bike club. The Swap is open to the public. Swap volunteers are allowed to enter the swap first, GVBC members second, and the public third.
3rd Saturday in April
Gallatin County Fairgrounds
Selling all types of bicycles,
bike related parts, accessories, tools, clothing, bike and jogging strollers
with an indoor test ride facility
To sell a bicycle or bike related item:
- Bring it to the Gallatin County Fairgrounds on Friday, before the
swap between 4-7 p.m.
- Pay a $1 consignment fee per item
- Tag each item with a sales invoice provided by GVBC
- Experienced volunteers will be available to help appraise items
- You have the opportunity to list both a full price (8 – 11:45) and
a discount price (12-1 p.m.)
- You must return to the swap between 1:00-2:30 p.m. on Saturday, the
day of the swap to find out which of your items sold and which you must
What happens if an item sells?
GVBC receives a 15% commission on all sales and we will mail you a check
What happens if an item does not sell?
- Bring your sales invoice to pick up unsold items between 1:00-2:30 p.m. the day of the Swap.
- Items not retrieved by 2:30 p.m. Saturday will immediately be donated to a local non-profit.
Buying a bicycle or bike related item:
Sale hours on Saturday
8:00-9:00 a.m. Open to GVBC members only
9:00-11:45 a.m. Open to General Public
11:45-12:00 p.m. All buyers leave the buildings in preparation for discount period
12:00-1:00 pm Discount sales period
If you regsiter for GVBC online, you will need to show your PayPal receipt to enter early as a member. If you register at the Spring Party, you will get an entrance card. You can also sign up for GVBC at the Swap Friday afternoon during bike drop off, or Saturday morning between 7:30 and 9:00 am.
GVBC accepts cash, checks, and credit cards (3% surcharge on credit card purchases)
PHOTOS and POSTERS