Thank you for your donation to GVBC!
How are membership monies used?
GVBC uses funds from memberships, donations, and funds earned at the annual Bike Swap to support community cycling events and organizations. Below is a list of how that money has been used to support such events and organizations.
- GVBC hosts spring and fall parties (free beer and pizza!).
- Club insurance
- Membership dues in national cycling organizations
- Club web page hosting and maintenance
- Club newsletter
- Road sign purchases for safety during training rides and tours
- Advertising, Bike Swap and event insurance, facility rental for the annual Bike Swap, storage rental
- Bicycle advocacy in the form of charitable donations and efforts.
Over the years we have supported the following:
- Eagle Mount (hand cycling)
- Helmets for kids
- Development for our local racing teams
- GVLT’s “Make Tracks for Trails” GVBC team matches
- Bike to Work Week support
- GVLT’s Longest Day of Trails support
- Camp Make-a-Wish support
- MT special Olympics
- Touring, family, and kid bike rides
- Bike rodeo/bike safety
- Tuesday/Thursday race training series