2014 Eagle Mount Cycling Club Summer Ride Series
Riding with the Eagle Mount Cycling Club is a great opportunity to ride bikes with a fabulous group of people. Our spunky group consists of several handcyclists (primarily folks with Spinal Cord Injuries) and several volunteers on road or mountain bikes. Our routes are usually around 15 miles with a moderate tempo. If you’re interested in riding with us, please email our pedal powered coordinator, Jessie May, firstname.lastname@example.org. See you on the road!
The Payden Memorial Ride
The Payden Memorial Ride is quickly approaching, Saturday, July 19th. This is a fantastic charity ride that our gang has ridden for many years. The route is approximately 45 miles (much downhill/flat) and, in my opinion, has the best snacks at the aid stations.
This year we are meeting at Brackett Creek Campground at 8:00 a.m.
VOLUNTEERS – We need you for this ride! The more the merrier are welcome to join in the pedaling part, but we also need a few people to shuttle vehicles. If you’re interested in riding our shuttling, please email Jessie May.
PARTICIPANTS – Please let Jessie May know if you will be needing your vehicle shuttled no later than July 15th.
- W – 2nd – 6:00, Triple Tree Loop, park at Eagle Mount, led by Di (time yourselves, have you improved since June 4th?)
- W – 9th – 6:00, Frontage Road Loop, park at Treasure State Orthotic & Prosthetics, 1648 Ellis Street, East Lot only!
- S – 12th – 9:00 to 11:00, Cycle Saturday at Eagle Mount
- W – 16th – 6:00, Bozeman Pond Out & Back, park at Endurance PT, 317 Gallatin Park Drive, Suite 5
- S – 19th – Payden Memorial, http://payden.org/blazing-saddles/
- W – 23rd – 6:00, Nash Dash, park at Eagle Mount
- W – 30th – 6:00, Jackson Creek Loop, Hub & Grub at Franklin’s, park at the schoolhouse located at 4276 Jackson Creek Road
- W – 6th – 6:00, TBD, led by Franklin
- W – 13th – 6:00, Cottonwood Out & Back with Time Trial Loop, park at the school, 10040 Cottonwood Road
- F – 15th – 17th – Paddle Pioneer at Hellgate Camping Area, Canyon Ferry,please RSVP to Jessie May no later than July 30th
- W – 20th – 6:00, Ryan’s Loop, Hub & Grub at Ryan and Jen’s, 929 N Cottonwood Road
- S – 23rd, Three Rivers Century (not an EM event, but a great local, fully supported ride!)
- W – 27th – 6:00, Blackwood Laps, park at Creekside Veterinary Hospital, 3720 Blackwood Road
- W – 3rd – 6:00, Triple Tree Loop, park at Eagle Mount, led by Di (time yourselves, have you improved since July 2nd?)
- S – 6th – 9:00 to 11:00, Cycle Saturday at Eagle Mount
- W – 10th – 6:00, Most Active Person’s Choice! This ride will be chosen by the handcyclist who accumulates the most Eagle Mount miles for the 2014 season!
- S – 13th – Tour de Cure, we have a group of fabulous cyclists we will be joining for this ride, if you are interested in participating, talk to Jessie May
- W – 17th – 6:00, The Best Ride of the Year, park at the Fairgrounds, details to follow!
- Th – 18th – 6:00, End of Season Dinner at Starky’s, 24 N Tracy
- S – 4th – 2014 Western MT Hill Climb Championship in Missoula (currently the men’s handcycle record is 51:36 and there is no women’s record!) http://www.missoulabike.org/hillclimb/
Hub & Grub – an opportunity to share in a meal and catch up on stories from our latest cycling adventures, please bring a food item to share.
Cycle Saturday – a cycling open house, participants will be able to try out our adaptive cycling equipment and go for a ride with one of our fabulous volunteers. Volunteers are strongly needed