Weekly Rides or Events
If you have a ride you would like posted on our Weekly Rides Calendar please email the club.
- Bangtail Bikes’ Monday Night Road Rides: A long-time Bangtail tradition: This is a recreational road ride that is usually around 20-30 miles depending on the group and weather. This is a recreational ride, not a training ride. All abilities are welcome. If you’re interested in riding with us, meet at the shop a little before 6 in the evening. We’ll leave the shop a bit after we close at 6 (this gives us in the shop a chance to get in on the ride). If you have any questions please give us a call at 587-4905 or comment on our Facebook page.
- Bozeman Pedal Project Women’s Road Rides, 6 pm: Ride info every week is posted on the BPP Facebook page.
- GVBC Road Race Training Series, 6:30 pm start time: Rotating schedule of Road Race and Circuit Race/Crit – see schedule.
- Alter Cycles Mountain Bike Ride, 6 pm: Come hang out in the woods and let’s play bikes! Every Tuesday during the dry months we load up 6 pm here at the shop and head for the hills, ride bikes and BBQ while the sun disappears behind the mountains. It’s a really fun time. Focused for the average trail-bike rider, these rides are about having fun out in the woods with 5 to 50 of your friends. These rides are social, intermediate to advanced paced rides. BYO grill for a BBQ at the trailhead following the ride. Weather dependent with a different trail every week – make sure to follow our Instagram (@alter_bozeman) or call the shop the day of for updates.
Road Rides with Eagle Mount, 6 pm. Riding with the Eagle Mount Cycling Club is a great opportunity to ride bikes with a fabulous group of people. Our spunky group consists of several hand cyclists (primarily folks with Spinal Cord Injuries) and several volunteers on road or mountain bikes. Our routes are usually around 15 miles with a moderate tempo. Rides are every Tue at 6 pm. For more info call Jenny at 586-1781. See you on the road!
- Round House Beginner Mtn Bike Ride? Not sure if these are happening. Call store if you are interested.
- Bozeman Pedal Project Women’s Mtn Bike Rides, 5:45 pm: Non-competitive group mountain bike rides for women. Meet at a different trailhead each week. Meeting locations are posted on our Facebook page.
- SWMMBA Mtn Bike Ride, 6 pm: Join us for twice-monthly club rides all summer long. We’ll be carpooling from the Gallatin Valley Mall parking lot to a different area trail twice a month through August and would love to have you along for the ride. Plan on leaving from the parking lot at 6 pm sharp and returning by 9 pm. These will be no-drop rides open to everyone with coordinated ride leaders and sweepers. Next ride is June 27. More info.
- Bangtail Mountain Bike Ride, 6:15 pm: Join us this Friday evening for our first mountain bike ride of the season! We will meet at the shop and head over to Peet’s Hill, then through Highland Glen Trails and onto the new Painted Hills connector trail. Beginner riders can loop back on the hospital trails with Amber, while intermediate riders continue on with Derrek to ride Triple Tree. All are welcome! Please arrive a few minutes early so we can check tire pressure, suspension, and make sure everyone’s bikes are good to go! Helmet, water, and lights are required. Snacks always recommended (-: More info.
Alter Cycles HAPP1EST HOUR, 5 pm: Join us every Friday of the year for our “HAPP!EST HOUR!” cycling community gatherings along with Sklar Bikes. We believe strongly that the future of brick and mortars in any industry depends on being active builders of community. We must not be the only ones that think so. Spaces and moments that gather diverse folks around commonalities are essential. That said, come on by any Friday. Local beer from Outlaw Brewing and LaCroixs are on us – we’re here hanging out with all our friends talking at laughing about life and occasionally bikes. Once in a while, we throw a story night, fundraiser, or a late-night DJ set into the mix. We’ll be sure to let you know about anything cool via our Instagram. All nice folks, kiddos and dogs are welcome.